I wanted to experiment more with texture and so I explored Giacometti's techniques of layering and veiling etc. As he uses the many different angles to build up his work, this is because he is a sculptor.
- Firstly, I stretched a piece of thick A1 cartridge paper onto a board.
- I then laid a basic mixed media surface over the paper, I kept the colour scheme white and added plasterer's scrim and tissue paper with PVA.
- The subject matter I chose was some of my life drawings from different angles.
- My concept behind this piece was to focus on the word vulnerability.
- I used a range of media such as fine line, biro, graphite, charcoal and ink and stick. These mediums enabled me to work quickly and fluidly.
- By overlapping and veiling my drawing, it gives a multi dimensional element to my piece